Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse


9 inch round cake and 6 inch ball cake
iced and filled with chocolate buttercream
covered and decorated with fondant
ears are made of rice krispy treats

This cake was lots of fun to make.  For the base cake, I used a 9 inch round pan and a 9 inch contour pan.  For the head, I used the sports ball pan and the ears are made from rice krispy treats (RKT).  I wasn't too happy with the head and ears but it was my first time using the ball pan and the using RKT.  It wasn't as smooth as I'd hope it would be.  I'm looking forward to using RKT more in future designs.  It was easier to use when shaping instead of using fondant since fondant tends to lose its shape even when I add some tylose powder to it. 

Happy 1st Birthday Cayden!

No comments:

Post a Comment